Our camp became a Finalist of 2019 Top100 Sustainable Destinations Award!
We are proud to be on the list of World Greenest Places. Trekking Club campsite on the Top100 Award official website
|WHAT IS GLAMPING?
|This is a fusion of two words - glamour and camping, i.e. glamorous camping.
You can find more info about glamping in Kazakhstan here.
| WHERE IS IT?
|70km to the east from Almaty (2 hours)
|HOW TO GET THERE?
|Follow the Kuldja road up to Issyk. Pass by Issyk town and move further in a direction of Turgen. Turn right inside a Turgen gorge (near the entrance to Turgen village), and drive for another 25km by the gorge. It is a National Park, so you will come through the Park’s gate and will have to pay a fee there. You may take a taxi from Almaty, or come with a bus to Issyk or Turgen and then take a local taxi. The map is at a bottom of the page.
|The campsite works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every year starting from June till early September. No check-in time (you may arrive anytime- just warn us)
|$40 per persons per night including 3 meals (buffet)
|HOW TO BOOK
To book a night, call us at +7(727)229 31 04 or send a message to email@example.com
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please check important info (what you must know before you go) below at the page. By booking accommodation at the campsite, you agree to the terms of accommodation, rules and conditions described at this page.
Big two-room tents, fully furnished: beds, garden group (table, armchairs), electricity and lighting. Each tent is placed at a separate glade so the guests could enjoy the nature and have an access to all the infrastructure
The café is located at a big comfortable tent-marquee: we serve 3 meals a day as “buffet”. Normally, there are few main and side dishes, few salads or snacks can be found. Tea, coffee and sweets are served with a buffet. Vegetarian menu is available on request (please inform).
|Location and territory
The camping is just a piece of wild nature of Turgen: it is located at a private area inside a deep spruce forest, in the upper reaches of Turgen River. The river is a natural barrier that isolates a private camp territory from the road, but Trekking Club guests use our bridge to cross it.
The standard price for 1 night includes:
► Skiff sauna (booking is done at a camp)
Alpine hut in Touyuk-Su gorge: above Shymbulak ski resort.
Want to see the route to Turgen in bigger scale
Important notices – you must know before you go:
- there is no cellular connection at a camp, no Wi-Fi. Nearest point in Turgen, where can be cellular coverage is located 20km down by the gorge.
- due to absence of cellular network and Internet connection, card payments at a camp are unavailable (as well as online payments). At a camp you can only pay in cash.
- due to absence of cellular connection, you will not be able to call a taxi from the camp. Please make sure you know how to get back to the city after your staying (e.g. book a taxi for both ways to/back, in advance). There is no local taxi service in Turgen, and it can be hard to hitchhike – during the week, the traffic in the gorge is not big. Our campsite stuff will not be able to help you calling a taxi.
- our camp is located inside a wild forest: in early June there can be ticks in bushes. If you come in June, then please do not forget to take anti-tick repellent, or also treat your shoes/clothes in advance.
- our camp is located in a wild forest: there is a chance to meet wild animals and insects (foxes, rabbits, deer, bees, snakes – not poisonous). If you have allergy to pollen or plants, then please take necessary medicals with you (there are many blooming plants).
- please take appropriate clothes and shoes (sport/trekking pants, t-shirts with long and short sleeves, warm jacket, wind/waterproof jacket, peaked cap, hat, sunglasses, thermo-underwear). Even in summer, nights in Turgen are colder than in the city. The camp is located at a riverbank, at 1600m ASL.
- our campsite staff may not speak your language
- there is no way to enter the camp’s territory by car (suspension bridge is pedestrian). All the vehicles are left on the opposite site of the river, at a glade. This parking glade is unguarded and not fenced. All visitors leave their cars on own risk and responsibility.
- camp is located at an island: the only way to enter it is to use our private suspension bridge over Turgen river. If you come without preliminary booking, the bridge can be closed. It is also closed for visitors in the night time (and alarm system is on), so please warn camp staff if you need to come in/out in the night/late evening /early morning so we keep the bridge crossable for you.
- you realize that camping is associated with a number of specific conditions / actions / sensations. You confirm that upon arrival at the campsite you will familiarize yourself with the rules and you will be held responsible for your safe stay in the mountains.
ENJOY YOUR GLAMPING!